The purpose of this course is to provide general information on the health and physical hazards of solvents, aid in safe handling, and cover control methods to assist in preventing personal injury and exposure to the environment.
This course meets standards as outlined in Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) 29 CFR 1910.1200(g), Safety Data Sheets.
29 CFR 1910.1200(h)(1), Employee Training.
29 CFR 1910, Subpart H, Hazardous Materials.
29 CFR 1910, Subpart I, Personal Protective Equipment.
29 CFR 1910.134, Respiratory Protection.
29 CFR 1910, Subpart Z, Toxic and Hazardous Substances. Lists permissible exposure limits for various chemicals.
TABLE Z-1 Limits for Air Contaminants.
| Course Objectives
|| Topics Covered
| After completing this course, the student will:
|| This course will cover the following topic(s):
- Define solvents.
- Understand what makes a solvent organic, inorganic, polar, non-polar, protic or aprotic.
- Know the different uses of solvents.
- Realize the hazards associated with all solvents.
- Identify routes of exposure and entry.
- Identify the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Understand how to properly store and dispose of solvents.
- Recognize and implement control measures.
- Characteristics of Solvents
- Saturated Solutions
- Organic and Inorganic Solvents
- Polar and Non-Polar Solvents
- Polar Protic vs. Polar Aprotic
- Exposure and First Aid
- Chronic Solvent Induced Encephalopathy
- PPE, Safe Handling and Ventilation
- Safety Data Sheet
- Control Measures, Storage, Boiling Point and Flammability
- Environmental Contamination and Disposal
- Final Exam
Why use this course?
These are downloadable SCORM Courses. Once you download them they are yours to use in your learning management system. Your employees may review the material as many times as needed.
You may not resell the course package.
What It Includes
Once you purchase the course you have 365 days of access to updates. These updates are free of charge. We update our courses frequently. If you need a course that is no longer available for free updates you will need to purchase the new course and upload it into your system.
This course will:
- Upload into your LMS using the manifest file
- Launch within your system
- Track student progress
- Bookmark their exit point
- Provide a test which will send a mastery score to your system
- Records Completion
Looking for Online Training Instead?
If you do not own a Learning Management System and would like to have online training that your employees can take at a minimal cost then we suggest you look at our other site http://www.PPVTrain.com
The Pay-Per-View Train site provides world-class training guaranteed to run. Many of these same courses are available, and we are building more every day. The reduced cost covers our infrastructure and bandwidth needs with a minimal upcharge to help businesses stay compliant with regulatory training.
Are you interested in a demo of this content?
Let us know by completing the form below. We will be more than happy to answer any of your questions, and will reply to setup the demo shortly!