The purpose of this course is to provide general information on the health and physical hazards of toxic dusts and fibers, aid in safe handling, and review control methods needed to assist in the prevention of personal injury and exposure to the environment.
NIOSH: 42 CFR Part 84
OSHA 29 CFR:
1910.94 – Ventilation
1910 Subpart I – Personal Protective Equipment;
1910.134 – Respiratory Protection
1910.1000 Table Z-1 and Z-3
1910 Subpart Z – Toxic and Hazardous Substances
1910.1200 Hazard Communication
61: Standard for the Prevention of Fires and Dust Explosions in Agricultural and Food Processing Facilities.
68: Standard on Explosion Protection by Deflagration Venting.
69: Standard on Explosion Prevention Systems.
499: Recommended Practice for the Classification of Combustible Dusts and of Hazardous (Classified) Locations for Electrical Installations in Chemical Process Areas.
652: Standard on the Fundamentals of Combustible Dust.
654: Standard for the Prevention of Fire and Dust Explosions from the Manufacturing, Processing, and Handling of Combustible Particulate Solids.
| Course Objectives
|| Topics Covered
| After completing this course, the student will:
|| This course will cover the following topic(s):
- Identify the characteristics of dusts.
- Recognize the health hazards associated with dusts.
- Understand the combustibility of dusts.
- Identify the characteristics of fibers.
- Recognize the health hazards associated with fibers.
- Identify the routes of exposure and the importance of proper personal protective equipment.
- Understand the appropriate control measures and safe work practices needed to prevent dust and fiber overexposure.
- Organic Dust vs. Inorganic Dust
- Grain Dust
- Inorganic Dust
- Crystalline Silica
- Metallic Dust
- Coal Worker’s Pneumoconiosis
- Combustible Dust
- Aluminum and Steel
- Flour Dust
- Natural Fibers
- Health Hazards
- Man-Made Fibers
- Ceramic Fiber
- Metallic Fiber
- Flammable / Combustible
- First Aid
- Control Measures – Employers
- General Safe Work Practices – Employees
- Final Exam
Why use this course?
These are downloadable SCORM Courses. Once you download them they are yours to use in your learning management system. Your employees may review the material as many times as needed.
You may not resell the course package.
What It Includes
Once you purchase the course you have 365 days of access to updates. These updates are free of charge. We update our courses frequently. If you need a course that is no longer available for free updates you will need to purchase the new course and upload it into your system.
This course will:
- Upload into your LMS using the manifest file
- Launch within your system
- Track student progress
- Bookmark their exit point
- Provide a test which will send a mastery score to your system
- Records Completion
Looking for Online Training Instead?
If you do not own a Learning Management System and would like to have online training that your employees can take at a minimal cost then we suggest you look at our other site http://www.PPVTrain.com
The Pay-Per-View Train site provides world-class training guaranteed to run. Many of these same courses are available, and we are building more every day. The reduced cost covers our infrastructure and bandwidth needs with a minimal upcharge to help businesses stay compliant with regulatory training.
Are you interested in a demo of this content?
Let us know by completing the form below. We will be more than happy to answer any of your questions, and will reply to setup the demo shortly!