Caustic substances are used across many industries and are a growing concern regarding the health and safety of individuals that work with these substances. This course provides general information on the health and physical hazards of caustics, safe handling of acids and alkalis, and control methods to assist in preventing personal injury and exposure to the environment.
This course was designed to assist a company with providing targeted HazCom training to supplement the basic GHS HazCom Course.
This course meets standards as outlined in Occupational Safety & Health Administration 29 CFR 1910.1200(h)(1); 29 CFR 1910.151; 29 CFR 1910.134; 29 CFR 1910.1000 Table Z-1; 29 CFR 1910, Subpart I; 29 CFR 1910.1200(g); and EPA 40 CFR 261.22.
| Course Objectives
|| Topics Covered
| After completing this course, the student will:
|| This course will cover the following topic(s):
- Define caustics.
- Understand the difference between acids and alkalis.
- Recognize the different forms and types of caustics and their characteristics.
- Identify pH testing methods.
- Know the hazards associated with caustics.
- Determine routes of exposure and entry.
- Identify the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when working with caustics.
- Realize the importance of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Understand how to properly store and dispose of hazardous caustics.
- Recognize and implement control measures
- Characteristics of Caustics
- Acid Characteristics
- Alkali Characteristics
- Use of Litmus Paper
- Uses of Caustics
- Exposure and First-Aid
- PPE / Safe Handling
- Safety Data Sheet
- Control Measures
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Characteristics of Soaps and Cleaners
- Final Exam
Why use this course?
These are downloadable SCORM Courses. Once you download them they are yours to use in your learning management system. Your employees may review the material as many times as needed.
You may not resell the course package.
What It Includes
Once you purchase the course you have 365 days of access to updates. These updates are free of charge. We update our courses frequently. If you need a course that is no longer available for free updates you will need to purchase the new course and upload it into your system.
This course will:
- Upload into your LMS using the manifest file
- Launch within your system
- Track student progress
- Bookmark their exit point
- Provide a test which will send a mastery score to your system
- Records Completion
Looking for Online Training Instead?
If you do not own a Learning Management System and would like to have online training that your employees can take at a minimal cost then we suggest you look at our other site http://www.PPVTrain.com
The Pay-Per-View Train site provides world-class training guaranteed to run. Many of these same courses are available, and we are building more every day. The reduced cost covers our infrastructure and bandwidth needs with a minimal upcharge to help businesses stay compliant with regulatory training.
Are you interested in a demo of this content?
Let us know by completing the form below. We will be more than happy to answer any of your questions, and will reply to setup the demo shortly!