This course is designed to provide school nurses with the knowledge and skills to recognize seizure warning signs, manage epileptic seizures, administer first aid, offer recovery support, understand the impact seizures have on students, and have the knowledge to educate others such as teachers, bus drivers, and other school personnel to ensure the student’s safety during school hours. One CNE (Continuing Nurse Education) credit will be issued with a passing score on the exam.
| Course Objectives
|| Topics Covered
| After completing this course, the student will:
|| This course will cover the following topic(s):
- Define Epilepsy and the characteristics of a seizure.
- Classify the different types of seizures.
- Understand proper care and comfort techniques to make an individual comfortable before, during, and after a seizure.
- Administer first aid.
- Know what documents make up an effective Seizure Response Plan.
- What is Epilepsy?
- Seizure Phases
- Seizure Classification
- Partial Seizures
- Simple Partial Seizures (Consciousness Not Impaired)
- Complex Partial Seizures (Impaired Consciousness)
- Primary Generalized Seizures
- Other Types of Seizures
- Care and Comfort Basics
- Individualizing First Aid
- Seizures Without Any Change in Awareness
- Seizures with Altered Awareness
- Seizures with Loss of Consciousness
- When is it an Emergency?
- Medication and Treatment
- Antiepileptic Drugs (AEDs)
- AED Side Effects – Dosage
- AED Side Effects – Drug Reaction
- Diastat Gel
- Diastat Guidance
- General Instructions
- Refractory Epilepsy
- Dietary Therapy
- Intervention / Rescue Device
- Vagus Nerve Stimulator Magnet
- VNS Magnet Guidance
- Epilepsy and Related Conditions
- Learning Difficulties
- Common Issues
- Tailored Learning Plan
- Seizure Response Plan
- Action Plan
- Medical / Seizure History
- Seizure Observation Record
- Medical Alert
- Training / Drills
- Epilepsy Awareness in Children
Why use this course?
These are downloadable SCORM Courses. Once you download them they are yours to use in your learning management system. Your employees may review the material as many times as needed.
You may not resell the course package.
What It Includes
Once you purchase the course you have 365 days of access to updates. These updates are free of charge. We update our courses frequently. If you need a course that is no longer available for free updates you will need to purchase the new course and upload it into your system.
This course will:
- Upload into your LMS using the manifest file
- Launch within your system
- Track student progress
- Bookmark their exit point
- Provide a test which will send a mastery score to your system
- Records Completion
Looking for Online Training Instead?
If you do not own a Learning Management System and would like to have online training that your employees can take at a minimal cost then we suggest you look at our other site http://www.PPVTrain.com
The Pay-Per-View Train site provides world-class training guaranteed to run. Many of these same courses are available, and we are building more every day. The reduced cost covers our infrastructure and bandwidth needs with a minimal upcharge to help businesses stay compliant with regulatory training.
Are you interested in a demo of this content?
Let us know by completing the form below. We will be more than happy to answer any of your questions, and will reply to setup the demo shortly!