The DOT – Packaging eLearning course has been designed to provide participants with an understanding of the many different options when packaging a hazardous material for storage or transportation.
This course meets standards as outlined in United States Department of Transportation (US DOT) Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) 49 CFR §172.101, §173, and §178.
| Course Objectives
|| Topics Covered
| After completing this course, the student will:
|| This course will cover the following topic(s):
- Determine the type of packaging to use when transporting a hazardous material per the HMR.
- Understand the responsibilities of both the shipper and the carrier as it relates to hazardous materials packages.
- Implement the general requirements and know the exceptions when packaging a hazardous material.
- Comprehend the difference between non-bulk and bulk packaging and the regulations that accompany both.
- Recognize damaged or leaking packages and know what steps to take in the event of an incident.
- Understand the strict regulations when packaging explosive or radioactive materials.
- Identify the different types of bulk and non-bulk, outer and inner packagings available for containing a hazardous material.
- Comprehend the regulations associated with the reuse of packagings and empty packaging.
- Understand the strict regulations when packaging hazardous waste and infectious substances.
- Final Exam
Course Specific Information:
Those who ship hazardous materials are responsible for ensuring that the materials are properly packaged and securely closed for transportation. The DOT – Packaging course provides detailed information on the variety of inner and outer packaging options and will benefit anyone involved in transporting hazardous materials.
Why use this course?
These are downloadable SCORM Courses. Once you download them they are yours to use in your learning management system. Your employees may review the material as many times as needed.
What It Includes
Once you purchase the course you have 365 days of access to updates. These updates are free of charge. We update our courses frequently. If you need a course that is no longer available for free updates you will need to purchase the new course and upload it into your system. You may not resell the course package
This course will:
- Upload into your LMS using the manifest file
- Launch within your system
- Track student progress
- Bookmark their exit point
- Provide a test which will send a mastery score to your system
- Records Completion
How do I test drive a course?
If you would like to test one of our courses a few steps need to be completed. The Portable Fire Extinguisher course is a small course and available for free. See the free courses section.
Follow these steps:
- Fill out your complete profile
- Purchase the fire extinguisher course like any online store. The cost is $0.00.
- The course is then available for your download.
- You now own the course.
You may install it into your LMS and use it for Free. This course will allow
you to test your LMS and course interoperability. Other courses may be made
available by calling 800-339-0642.
Looking for Online Training Instead?
If you do not own a Learning Management System and would like to have online training that your employees can take at a minimal cost then we suggest you look at our other site
The Pay-Per-View Train site provides world-class training guaranteed to run. Many of these same courses are available, and we are building more every day. The reduced cost covers our infrastructure and bandwidth needs with a minimal upcharge to help businesses stay compliant with regulatory training.