The DOT – Marking and Labeling eLearning course has been designed to provide participants with an understanding of the many hazardous materials markings and labels, regulations, and specifications of identification numbers.
This course meets standards as outlined in United States Department of Transportation (US DOT) Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) 49 CFR §172.300 – §172.338.
| Course Objectives
|| Topics Covered
| After completing this course, the student will:
|| This course will cover the following topic(s):
- Recognize the different markings and know the appropriate time to use each.
- Understand marking regulations and exceptions for non-bulk and bulk packagings.
- Recognize an identification number on a packaging and know how it relates to the material inside the package.
- Understand the regulations and provisions when applying an identification number to a package containing a hazardous material.
- Recognize the different hazardous material labels and know the appropriate time to use each.
- Understand label specifications and exceptions for packagings.
- Identification Number Markings
- Final Exam
Course Specific Information:
The proper labeling and marking of hazardous material packagings and containers allows for identification of the product during storage, handling, and transportation. The DOT – Marking and Labeling course provides detailed information on marking and labeling, and will benefit anyone involved in transporting hazardous materials.
Why use this course?
These are downloadable SCORM Courses. Once you download them they are yours to use in your learning management system. Your employees may review the material as many times as needed.
What It Includes
Once you purchase the course you have 365 days of access to updates. These updates are free of charge. We update our courses frequently. If you need a course that is no longer available for free updates you will need to purchase the new course and upload it into your system. You may not resell the course package
This course will:
- Upload into your LMS using the manifest file
- Launch within your system
- Track student progress
- Bookmark their exit point
- Provide a test which will send a mastery score to your system
- Records Completion
How do I test drive a course?
If you would like to test one of our courses a few steps need to be completed. The Portable Fire Extinguisher course is a small course and available for free. See the free courses section.
Follow these steps:
- Fill out your complete profile
- Purchase the fire extinguisher course like any online store. The cost is $0.00.
- The course is then available for your download.
- You now own the course.
You may install it into your LMS and use it for Free. This course will allow
you to test your LMS and course interoperability. Other courses may be made
available by calling 800-339-0642.
Looking for Online Training Instead?
If you do not own a Learning Management System and would like to have online training that your employees can take at a minimal cost then we suggest you look at our other site
The Pay-Per-View Train site provides world-class training guaranteed to run. Many of these same courses are available, and we are building more every day. The reduced cost covers our infrastructure and bandwidth needs with a minimal upcharge to help businesses stay compliant with regulatory training.