The DOT – Hazardous Materials Table eLearning course has been designed to provide participants with an understanding of how to read the Hazardous Materials Table, identify relevant information, and apply that information when transporting hazardous materials.
This course meets standards as outlined in United States Department of Transportation (US DOT) Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) 49 CFR §172.101, §172.102, and §173.2.
| Course Objectives
|| Topics Covered
| After completing this course, the student will:
|| This course will cover the following topic(s):
- Define hazardous materials and identify relevant information, such as the hazard class or division, ID number, packing group, label codes, and other provisions from the Hazardous Materials Table (HMT).
- Apply your understanding of the HMT to identify the proper shipping name for a hazardous material.
- Indicate the reportable quantity of a hazardous substance from the information provided in Table 1 and 2 of Appendix A.
- Identify marine pollutants and severe marine pollutants using Appendix B.
- The Hazardous Materials Table
- Final Exam
Course Specific Information:
Understanding the Hazardous Materials Table (HMT) is vital and will assist in the safe handling and transportation of hazardous materials. The DOT – Hazardous Materials Table course provides detailed information on the HMT and will benefit anyone involved in transporting hazardous materials.
Why use this course?
These are downloadable SCORM Courses. Once you download them they are yours to use in your learning management system. Your employees may review the material as many times as needed.
What It Includes
Once you purchase the course you have 365 days of access to updates. These updates are free of charge. We update our courses frequently. If you need a course that is no longer available for free updates you will need to purchase the new course and upload it into your system. You may not resell the course package
This course will:
- Upload into your LMS using the manifest file
- Launch within your system
- Track student progress
- Bookmark their exit point
- Provide a test which will send a mastery score to your system
- Records Completion
How do I test drive a course?
If you would like to test one of our courses a few steps need to be completed. The Portable Fire Extinguisher course is a small course and available for free. See the free courses section.
Follow these steps:
- Fill out your complete profile
- Purchase the fire extinguisher course like any online store. The cost is $0.00.
- The course is then available for your download.
- You now own the course.
You may install it into your LMS and use it for Free. This course will allow
you to test your LMS and course interoperability. Other courses may be made
available by calling 800-339-0642.
Looking for Online Training Instead?
If you do not own a Learning Management System and would like to have online training that your employees can take at a minimal cost then we suggest you look at our other site
The Pay-Per-View Train site provides world-class training guaranteed to run. Many of these same courses are available, and we are building more every day. The reduced cost covers our infrastructure and bandwidth needs with a minimal upcharge to help businesses stay compliant with regulatory training.